1. Definition of Decorative paper covered with Melamine
Decorative paper is a type of decorative surfaces that is pressed onto wood based panels for use in furniture production. Decorative paper is a kind of patterned background papers, creating colors to match the interior trend. Then, the paper is dipped in glue and dried, cut into sheets to use for the next step pressing the paper into the industrial wood board. Depending on the needs of the customers that the manufacturer can coat a layer of Melamine on the top to the decorative paper so that it can be water-resistant, certain resistance to abrasion and scratches.
– Melamine is a kind of patterned background paper, which is then dipped in glue and covered with a layer of melamine on the top.
– Base paper consists of wood flour, titanium and other substances.
– Melamine is an organic base and has a chemical formula of C3H6N6.
– First of all, the background paper is made pattern and color
– Then, it is dipped in glue and covered with a layer of melamine on top
– Finally, dry paper and cut to the certain rule.
– The rich range of colors
– Diversified surfaces
– Fast color, hard to scratch
– Simple and fast surface working
– Affordable price
– Compared to other surfaces such as Laminate or Acrylic, Melamine coated decorative papers have more shaping constraints.
– Scratch resistance, abrasion and impact resistance of Melamine’s surface are less than Laminates’ surface.
Typically, Melamine coated decorative papers are pressed onto the material such as particle board or MDF board for use in the manufacture of furniture such as bed, wardrobe, and so on.
What is MFC ?
Melamine when it is coated on the surface of the wood industry to produce products MFC, MFM, MFP.
When the surface of wood based panels are covered with Melamine that produces MFC, MFM, MFP.
– MFC is a melamine resin board. Melamine layer which dipped in glue is pressed on the surface of wood chips under the high-temperature and high pressure to form MFC board.
– Similarly, MFM is Melamine coated MDF and MFP is Melamine coated plywood.
– Melamine layers have aesthetic effect, scratch resistance and waterproof. The surface of Melamine coated panels is smooth, woodgrain or metallic.
– The combination of melamine decorative paper with industrial laminated wood panels helps to diversify the wood furniture market, giving customers more choices of different prices.